I saw a lot of tweets today referring to February 1. I guess it’s the beginning of the “LOVE” month.
Here are a few random thoughts. As in random…
1. Don’t feel pressured to be in a relationship. If it’s not God’s timing, you’ll just end up miserable.
2. Enjoy the season God has brought you in. Whether you are in a relationship or not, just enjoy!
If you have a special someone, grow deeper in your love for God and friendship with one another. While in this season, love it and enjoy it.
If you are not in a relationship, then love it and enjoy it as well. Go out, have fun, serve God and serve the community. There’s more to life than having and being in a relationship.
3. Get to know as many friends and develop healthy relationships. God has given us a wonderful world and an awesome life. Share it with others.
4. Keep Jesus as the focus of your affection. Listening to love songs is not necessarily wrong. But if it begins to dictate the way you make decisions and live your life, then know that those values may not necessarily be consistent with what God says in His word. Or following the pattern of what happens in movies may not necessarily what God has for you. That’s why Jesus has to remain the focus. His will. His plan. His Word.
5. Stay secure. People don’t like hanging out with unstable and insecure people. Being a devourer rather than a contributor pushes people away. Sucking the life out of others is unattractive… even if you are a handsome vampire.
PS. Feel free to add your own random thoughts. 🙂