I’m excited for our message this weekend. God is indeed INFINITELY POWERFUL.
Here are the verses I used for our message today:
His power is creative.
- Jeremiah 32:17 (NCV). Oh, Lord God, you made the skies and the earth with your very great power. There is nothing too hard for you to do.
- Romans 4:17 (NKJV). calls those things which do not exist as though they did.
- the God who gives life to the dead and who creates something out of nothing. (NCV)
His power is self-generating.
- God never needs anything outside of Himself to generate or sustain His power.
- Isaiah 40:28 (NLT). Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary.
- Psalm 147:5 (ESV). “Great is our Lord, and abundant in power.”
His power is effortless.
- He does not exert energy to do what He wants to get done. He doesn’t strain, grunt or groan. He doesn’t get sweaty because something is too hard to lift or too difficult to make.
- Ps. 33:6 (NLT). The Lord merely spoke, and the heavens were created. He breathed the word, and all the stars were born.
- Ps. 33:9 (NKJV). For He spoke, and it was done.
- Heb. 1:3 (NCV). The Son reflects the glory of God and shows exactly what God is like. He holds everything together with his powerful word.
Because of this we know that He is…
1. He is able to deliver.
- Daniel 3:17. “Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire.”
2. He is able to heal.
- Matthew 9:27-29. As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith will it be done to you”.
3. He is able to meet my needs.
- 2 Cor. 9:8. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
- “Don’t tell God how big your problems are. Tell your problems how big your God is.”
4. He is able to save.
- Heb. 7:25. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.