As we end this year, there are so many things to thank God for…
One of the best weapons we have against grumbling and complaining is to actually list down things to praise God for and be thankful for each of them.
Here are my top 10 ‘gratefulness’ quotes…
1. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
2. “Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.” -John Henry Jowett
3. “Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.” — Hausa proverb (Nigeria)
4. “The best kind of giving is thanksgiving.” — Chesterton
5. Never take things for granted, because they might not always be there. ~anonymous
6. “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” ~Henry Ward Beecher
7. He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have. – Socrates
8. “When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?” G.K. Chesterton
9. “You say, ‘If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.’ You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon
10. “Perhaps it takes a purer faith to praise God for unrealized blessings than for those we once enjoyed or those we enjoy now.”- A. W. Tozer
(1 Chr 16:34) Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.