Conference concluded today. Thought about writing a blog for each session. But I think if I attempt that, I might end up not doing it at all because I gathered so much.
Allow me to just list down a few key thoughts. Won’t be complete but oh well…
- What does an ‘unstoppable church’ (Scott Chapman) look like?
– Spiritually transforming
– Culturally inspiring
– Relationally connecting
– Missionally impacting
- The (local) church is the hope of the world… because we are the hands and the feet of Jesus! (Scott Chapman)
- Don’t allow ministry to trump over family time. (Geoff Surratt)
- We hit barriers when…
– we’ve outgrown our leadership capacity
– we’ve outgrown our structures
– there’s a culture shift
- Mission creep happens when we change our goals to match our successes. (Larry Osborne)
- Cash can’t but what passion can create! (Will Mancini)
- Success assaults clarity.
- If you’re not accomplishing your God-given vision, then who is? Too many have ‘cut&paste’, photo-copied type of vision. (Will Mancini)
- Sometimes, the real problem is defining the real problem.
- You were born an original. Don’t die a carbon copy! (Jim Sheppard)