I’m really not excited about fasting.
When I hear people say that they’re looking forward to it, I wish I could switch bodies and share their excitement. I actually dread it. It’s not something I enjoy. I think I enjoy food better to say the least.
I’ve also heard people say that after the 3rd or 4th day, it gets easier. I’ve been doing this for several years now but the time it only gets easier is on the 7th day, at around 9 pm when I get my first meal.
I am not excited… but inside of me I really am.
I know it doesn’t make sense but it will in a minute.
I am excited about what God will do in my life and in the lives of many.
- lives that are going to be changed
- people who are going to be saved
- small groups that are going to grow
- young people who are going to get reached for God
- financial breakthroughs
- relational issues resolved
- spiritual restoration
- wisdom in major crossroads
- increased anointing to minister
- power to live for God in a way that would make Jesus famous
- new jobs, promotions salary increases
- productivity and abundance
- family restoration
… and so much more…
Right before crossing the Jordan river to enter the promised land, Joshua who was leading the Israelite nation was told by God through an angel,
“Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do AMAZING THINGS among you.” (Joshua 3:5)
Before the miracle (the nation crossing the river on dry ground), they had to go to God and consecrate themselves. They had to focus and separate themselves from all that might take them away from Him and fling their lives into His will and purpose.
We start the fast tomorrow. I’m still not excited. But really, I am. I am excited about what God will do…
FOR TOMORROW, THE LORD WILL DO AMAZING THINGS AMONG US!