Day 1 of our couples retreat. I just want to say it has been very refreshing. Bernard and Ivy are amazing. They’re some of our finest in Victory.
Some of the things we learned…
- There are learned Biblical behaviors that we can acquire. One of which is to be ‘quick to listen’ as James 1:19 says.
- “Nothing-you-can-do-to make-me-love-you-less” attitude
- You can plan your action but never your reaction. That’s why we need to decide ahead.
- To truly “L.U.V.” by listening is to “listen”, “Understand” and “Validate.”
- “First duty of love is to listen” – Paul Tillich
|One of the most important skills you need as a leader is the ability to listen. The Chinese characters that make up the verb “to listen” tell us something significant about the skill. A King, in order to be a true leader, must listen with ears, eyes, and heart … giving undivided attention to the people.|
- On a side note, there was a fun, funny, special presentation in the evening by the ladies. Here goes …